UPDATE: Panelists announced for the CEC’s public forum on food and organic waste
North America stands out from other developed regions with some of the most food wasted per capita. Food waste also compounds the growing problem of effectively managing organic waste—food, paper, wood and yard trimmings—in the region.
JPAC’s first public forum of 2017 will look at effective solutions to reduce food waste and divert organic waste streams to productive uses, such as energy production and composting.
Among the North American experts invited are:
- Renán Alberto Poveda, Senior Environmental Scientist, World Bank
- Daniela Ruehl, Program Consultant, FAO México
- Ralph C. Martin, Professor, Department of Plant Agriculture, University of Guelph, Canada
The forum will also include a luncheon presentation on the CEC’s Sumidero Canyon II Factual Record, which examines the operation of a limestone quarry in a national park in the region.
Take part in the discussion online
If you are unable to attend the CEC’s JPAC forum in person, you can watch it live on our Facebook page or at www.cec.org/webcast, and interact with the speakers in three ways:
- Use the hashtag #JPACTuxtla on Twitter.
- Send a message to the Commission for Environmental Cooperation‘s Facebook page.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org.