North America’s environment leaders to meet September 9-10 at the CEC’s annual Council Session and JPAC Public Forum
Montreal, 7 September 2021—Media are invited to attend the Commission for Environmental Cooperation’s (CEC) 28th annual Council Session and Joint Public Advisory Committee (JPAC) Public Forum, where North American environment officials will convene to discuss and agree on trilateral solutions for climate change and environmental justice.
Focused on the theme of climate change and environmental justice solutions, #CEC28 will include sessions, with opportunity to pose questions, on:
- The role of youth in ensuring environmental justice through responses to climate change
- Working together for equitable solutions to climate change impacts (JPAC Public Forum)
- Trilateral approaches to climate change and environmental justice, with the CEC Council, featuring US EPA Administrator Michael S. Regan as Chair of the Session.
Media are invited to attend.
Date and time:
September 9, 2021
- Youth Roundtable Discussion: 10:00 AM EDT
- Joint Public Advisory Committee (JPAC) Public Forum: 1:00 PM EDT
September 10, 2021
- CEC Council Public Meeting: 2:00 PM EDT
For more information, please contact: