JPAC wants to hear your comments on the proposed CEC strategic plan
Montreal, Canada; 3 August 2010-The Joint Public Advisory Committee (JPAC) wants to hear the opinions, comments and suggestions of the citizens of North America regarding the proposed 2010-2015 Strategic Plan of the Commission for Environmental Cooperation (CEC).
The CEC Strategic Plan presents specific objectives to protect and improve the environment in North America through priorities defined by the CEC Council-the environment ministers or equivalent of Canada, Mexico and the United States. These priorities are:
- Healthy Communities and Ecosystems
- Climate Change – Low-Carbon Economies
- Greening the Economy in North America
Based on comments received from the public, JPAC intends to provide formal advice to Council on the proposed 2010-2015 Strategic Plan.
The proposed plan is available for review at: http://www.cec.org/strategicplan2010. Spanish and French versions will be available soon.
The deadline to submit comments in writing is 2 September 2010.
How to Participate
- Submit Comments. You can submit or upload your comments through an online form available at http://www.cec.org/strategicplan2010.
- Discuss the CEC Strategic Plan with others. Join the conversation in our forums to discuss the strategic plan. JPAC members may drop in from time to time to answer questions. http://www.cecblogs.org/forums