About this Project
Operational Plan: 2019 - 2020
Innovation hubs play a key role in sustainable economic development and in the creation of jobs in their communities. These hubs provide students and the public with access to training, tools and resources for innovation and business development. They also provide an introduction to sustainable design, entrepreneurship, and sustainable innovation.
To cultivate youth and community leadership in innovation, entrepreneurship and sustainable change, we created the EcoInnovation Network. This network will support the creation, enhancement and networking of innovation centers at academic institutions in each country by facilitating exchanges of expertise, users, and resources to empower young entrepreneurs—thus accelerating sustainable innovation and growth in North America.
The founding members of this network are:
- Concordia University, District3 (Montreal, Quebec, Canada)
- Simon Fraser University, Make Change Studio (Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada)
- Universidad Anáhuac, Facultad de Responsabilidad Social (Mexico City, Mexico State, Mexico)
- Universidad Autónoma de Querétaro, Coordination of Sustainability Management (Santiago de Querétaro, Querétaro State, Mexico)
- Université Laval (Quebec City, Quebec, Canada)
- University of Waterloo (Waterloo, Ontario, Canada)
- University of Oklahoma: Tom Love Innovation Hub and Ronnie K. Irani Center for the Creation of Economic Wealth (I-CCEW) (Norman, Oklahoma, United States)
- Neeuko, Universidad del Sagrado Corazón (San Juan, Puerto Rico, United States)