Executive Director of the Commission for Environmental Cooperation and Vacancies on the Joint Public Advisory Committee
The Joint Public Advisory Committee (JPAC) of the Commission on Environmental Cooperation (CEC),
IN ACCORDANCE with its mandate to provide advice to Council, and
NOTING the limitations that lack of full membership to JPAC may impose on the operation of the Committee,
- Offers the following advice regarding selection of the new Executive Director of the CEC:
The successful candidate should have the following qualifications and experience:
- a strong record of work on protection of the environment and human health;
- a strong background in sustainable development; and
- a demonstrated ability to respond to the expectations of the CEC and the North American Public.
In this regard, the JPAC should be requested to provide names of suitable candidates to Council.
- Respectfully requests that Canada and Mexico fill their respective vacancies on JPAC before the 1998 Regular Session of Council.