Deadline: June 17, 2021
Provide your comments and suggestions on the CEC’s new trilateral projects
As part of Canada, Mexico and the United States’ renewed commitment to environmental cooperation, the Joint Public Advisory Committee (JPAC) is seeking comments and suggestions from citizens across North America, on five new trilateral projects aligned with the CEC’s 2021-2025 Strategic Plan, which outlines key priorities for environmental cooperation in the region.
Based on comments received from the public, JPAC members will provide an Advice to the Council. This Advice will include recommendations for the implementation of the projects, and suggestions on key organizations to collaborate and partner with in order to maximize successful implementation.
For your convenience in providing detailed feedback, the draft project descriptions are available here:
- Grasslands Preservation and Migratory Birds
- Strengthening the Implementation and Effective Enforcement of CITES for Timber in North America
- Nature Based Solutions to address flooding in coastal cities
- Transforming recycling and solid waste management in North America
- Reduction of Marine Litter
The deadline to provide your feedback is on June 17, 2021 at 23:59 EDT.