Just announced: Agenda for the 27th annual CEC Council Session and JPAC public forum | June 26
- How can clean technology help communities in North America better prepare for and adapt to more extreme weather events, including flooding, wildfires, and rising sea levels?
- In the face of a global pandemic, how can we accelerate the shift to green technology in order to help make our energy supply more resilient?
June just got more exciting. Don’t miss the 27th annual session of the Council and public meeting of the Joint Public Advisory Committee (JPAC) of the Commission for Environmental Cooperation (CEC). Join the first virtual CEC conference. North America’s environmental leaders and representatives from the clean technology sector will discuss important actions being taken right now, and how both clean tech innovation and individual actions can help our nations be better prepared and protect the environment and economy in the face of new challenges.
Collaborators from Canada, Mexico, and the United States will build on their 26-year partnership to continue to protect our air, lakes, and oceans, and preserve important biodiversity across North America. We invite you to engage in discussions on the future of regional environmental collaboration and the crucial role that clean technology has to play in making all of our communities greener and more resilient.
June 26, 2020
10:00 AM EST & 3:00 PM EST
Livestream (register today)
Join Us in a Live Dialogue
The theme for this year’s Council session is Clean Technology for Resilient Communities. Hear first-hand from subject matter experts, business leaders, youth, NGOs, and other stakeholders as they consider what’s next as we take action to address new environmental challenges.
How You Can Participate
The public segment of the meetings will be open for online registration. The conference program has been adapted to a virtual event, including translation into English, French, and Spanish. This provides individuals with a safe way to engage from cities and more remote communities across Canada and North America.
3:00–5:00 p.m. EST
Clean technologies for resilient communities
Hear from North American environmental ministers on how clean technology is supporting community resilience across the region.
- Jonathan Wilkinson, Minister of Environment and Climate Change, Canada
- Victor Manuel Toledo, Secretary of Environment and Natural Resources, Mexico
- Andrew Wheeler, Administrator of the Environmental Protection Agency, United States
- The discussion will be moderated by Dr. Carol Ann Brown, Vice President, Innovation and CleanTech for the Delphi Group.