Part-Time Outreach Internship
Deadline: October 15, 2021 5:00pm
The Commission for Environmental Cooperation (CEC) is an intergovernmental organization located in Montreal, Canada. The CEC was created by Canada, Mexico, and the United States and is governed by the Agreement on Environmental Cooperation (ECA), which implements the environmental provisions of the Canada-US-Mexico Agreement (CUSMA). The CEC was established to address trinational environmental concerns, help prevent potential trade and environmental conflicts, and promote the effective enforcement of environmental law in North America.
The Commission for Environmental Cooperation is offering a paid internship to recent graduates or current students enrolled in an environmental science, environmental studies, science communication, public relations and communications, or a related post-secondary program.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Conduct stakeholder research related to key CEC projects and initiatives.
- Conduct research for potential new partnerships, events, and opportunities for increased engagement.
- Create email lists of potential stakeholders aligned with Borealis (CEC stakeholder platform) guidelines.
- Conduct research on remote and underserved communities in Mexico and the US, and French-speaking communities in Quebec.
- Help coordinate the distribution of Trello boards, partner toolkits, and social media material related to outreach activities and partnerships.
- Help draft emails to key and potential partners.
- Support analysis of data related to stakeholder surveys.
- Support research related to the CEC’s Youth Innovation Challenge.
- Interest in political science, international relations, environmental protection, and climate change.
- Research and writing skills.
- Capacity to summarize documents and information.
- Fluency in English is required; proficiency in Spanish and French is an asset.
- Familiarity and interest in digital media and social media.
Applicants must be residents of Canada, Mexico or the United States. Most of the work will be done remotely, but since this position might require occasional in-person interactions, local candidates will be preferred.
The position will begin on Monday, 25 October 2021, and continue until Friday, 25 February 2022. The position will be 25 hours per week with a salary of $25/hour, based on experience.
The Commission for Environmental Cooperation promotes employment equity and encourages diversity. Please submit your résumé to email@example.com by 15 October 2021 COB.
Commission for Environmental Cooperation
700 De la Gauchetière St. West, Suite 1620
Montreal, Quebec, Canada, H3B5M2
About the CEC
The Commission for Environmental Cooperation (CEC) was established in 1994 by the governments of Canada, Mexico and the United States through the North American Agreement on Environmental Cooperation, a parallel environmental agreement to NAFTA. As of 2020, the CEC is recognized and maintained by the Environmental Cooperation Agreement, in parallel with the new Free Trade Agreement of North America. The CEC brings together a wide range of stakeholders, including the general public, Indigenous people, youth, nongovernmental organizations, academia, and the business sector, to seek solutions to protect North America’s shared environment while supporting sustainable development for the benefit of present and future generations.
The CEC is governed and funded equally by the Government of Canada through Environment and Climate Change Canada, the Government of the United States of Mexico through the Secretaría de Medio Ambiente y Recursos Naturales, and the Government of the United States of America through the Environmental Protection Agency.
We appreciate your interest in the CEC and wish to inform you that only short-listed candidates will be contacted. All résumés will be kept on file for a six-month period and taken into consideration for any suitable vacancies occurring during that time.